The 5 Landmarks Slide Sets are ideal for teaching and reinforcing landmark pitch recognition on the bass and treble staves. They are made with high quality large print images to promote easy visual recognition of landmark pitches. The 5 landmark pitches in this set are:
- middle C (treble and bass staff)
- treble G
- bass F
- treble C
- bass C
The 5 Landmarks Slide Sets are downloadable as a zip file that includes:
- slide set 1 - 11 mixed slides in pdf format (for printing and using as physical flashcards) and PowerPoint read-only format (for on screen slide shows)
- slide set 2 - 11 mixed slides in pdf and PowerPoint formats
- slide set 3 - 11 treble clef slides in pdf and PowerPoint formats
- slide set 4 - 11 bass clef slides in pdf and PowerPoint formats
- slide set 5 - 30 mixed slides in pdf and PowerPoint formats
- an introductory lesson on the 5 landmarks in pdf and PowerPoint formats
You get 74 high quality slides plus an introductory lesson in two different formats. Print out the pdfs to use as physical flashcards. Use the PowerPoint files to use for on-screen slide shows. (PowerPoint files are Read Only - select "Read Only" when you open them.)
These slides are ideal for introducing concepts of note reading on the staff. You can use them to introduce landmark notes and for reinforcing these concepts. They are great for promoting quick recognition through fun speed recognition games where students can record their weekly personal best. For advancing students, the ultimate challenge is to see how many slides they can recognise and/or play from slide set 5 (30 slides) in one minute!
The 5 Landmarks Slide Sets pair well with the 5 Landmarks Patterning Slide Sets to promote excellent sight reading skills.